From: Chris Smith on
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Gilberto Nunes
<gilberto.nunes(a)selbetti.com.br> wrote:
> But when I follow the job on /var/log/cups/page_log, I always see that
> number of copies is 1, doesn't matter if the jobs has 5 or 10 pages...

copies != pages

A job can have one page or multiple pages and you can print one copy
or multiple copies of it.
You are using RAW printing. Cups cannot tell how many pages go through
when it doesn't do anything to the job. You are probably depending on
the driver provided by Ricoh, and using clientdriver to send directly to
the printer. What this effectively means is that the windows client is
doing the job rendering, and sending it to the printer via cups. At
this point, cups is just a router, not actually manipulating print jobs.