From: Roozbeh Ghz on

Hi.

I am using samba t share my files.I am sharing /media/MEDIA folder. it is
a ntfs partition mounted with ntfs-3g with write/read access from linux.

I can see and browse my shares and also create files in the root of this
partition, ie /media/MEDIA, but in its subfolders i do not have write
permissions.

also by default computer name is not shown in windows xp, i have to type
its name or address to browse to it.

another interesting thing is that i have permission to create directory
and delete files everywhere and in any folder and subfolder but when
trying to create files in subfolders i get not enough free disk space
error.

any clues?

by the way i dont know if this config file is correct, i find it as
template in internet.

tnx

-----
here is my samba.conf

[global]
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\successfully* .
obey pam restrictions = yes
sync always = yes
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
null passwords = yes
map to guest = Bad User
encrypt passwords = true
show add printer wizard = no
public = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
wins support = true
netbios name = roozbeh-mint
inherit permissions = yes
writeable = yes
server string = %h Server
default = global
workgroup = WORKGROUP
os level = 20
auto services = global DriveD
security = share
syslog = 0
max log size = 1000

## Browsing/Identification ###

# Change this to the workgroup/NT-domain name your Samba server will part
of

# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field

#### Debugging/Accounting ####

# This tells Samba to use a separate log file for each machine
# that connects

# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).

# We want Samba to log a minimum amount of information to syslog.
Everything
# should go to /var/log/samba/log.{smbd,nmbd} instead. If you want to log
# through syslog you should set the following parameter to something
higher.

# Do something sensible when Samba crashes: mail the admin a backtrace

####### Authentication #######

; passdb backend = tdbsam

; guest account = nobody

# For Unix password sync to work on a Debian GNU/Linux system, the
following
# parameters must be set (thanks to Ian Kahan
<<kahan(a)informatik.tu-muenchen.de> for
# sending the correct chat script for the passwd program in Debian Sarge).

############ Misc ############

# Most people will find that this option gives better performance.
# See smb.conf(5) and
/usr/share/doc/samba-doc/htmldocs/Samba3-HOWTO/speed.html
# for details
# You may want to add the following on a Linux system:
# SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
; socket options = tcp_nodelay

[DriveD]
path = /media/MEDIA