From: collen on
Hi we're busy discovering samba4 at the moment.
we've installed fedora-ds as ldap backend.

all install's configs and provisioning went well.. (no strange errors orso)
after fireing it all up we tried to add a user and this is what we got back:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./newuser", line 69, in <module>
samdb.newuser(username, opts.unixname, password,
force_password_change_at_next_login_req=opts.must_change_at_next_login)
File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/samdb.py", line
129, in newuser
"objectClass": "user"})
_ldb.LdbError: (32, 'objectclass: Cannot add
CN=test,CN=Users,DC=jordan,DC=net, parent does not exist!')

i can see that there is a prob with the CN=Users, but what's the idea.
i thought the provisioning did all the schema's and setup the ldap backend

in the 389-console, there is no samba thing what so ever.
but if i start the dirsrv samba4 is also started..

anny clue here..
Thx C.