From: tms3 on

SNIP

> When ls -l in the Share dir a files permission may return something
> like
> this:-
>
> drwxrwx---+ 2 Kris Writers 4096 2010-01-13 18:14 Test
>
> If any further information or clarification is needed please let me
> know!

getfacl <directory in question>

> Thank you for any help in adv!
>
> SW.

SNIP

> group::r-x
> group:domain\040users:r-x
> group:dnsupdateproxy:r-x
> group:Writers:rwx
> group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
> group:10045:rwx
> mask::rwx
> other::---
> default:user::rwx
> default:group::r-x
> default:group:domain\040users:r-x

SNIP

> Is it because the first default group that I have highlighted in bold
> only has read and execute perms???...

Yep, your group perm ACLs are the problem. I usually like to use a
Windo$e workstation to set complex file and directory perms. Just log
in to a Wind0$e box with Administrator (or "root" mapped user) and use
it to set user and group perms on the files and directories on the
share. Double check that they set correctly by doing a getfacl from
the shell prompt on the *nix box.

Cheers,