From: Amaru Netapshaak on
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm testing samba 4 in my organization. I have a samba3 domain with LDAP backend. I'm trying migrate workstations and
users
>> from old samba to samba4. Is this possible?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Luciano
>> luciano(a)multitasknet.com.br
>>

>Hi,
>We are in the same situation with large user/group/machine set needed to
>be ported to the new s4 world. The only solution i can see at the moment
>would be to dump the contents of the appropriate LDAP sections (it being
>users/group/machines/etc) into ldif(s) in a format acceptable by s4 and
>then add them using
ldbadd (and possbly sync using ldbmodify later on).
>Would it be a
worthwhile to add "yet another net cmd" utility to allow
>importing
stuff from existing LDAP infrastructure (maybe conceptually
>simmilar to existing vampire cmd)?

>Regards

>Luk

Hello!

I am in the same boat as well. I am on a fresh Samba 3.5 / OpenLDAP system and
I need to get to Samba4. I have S4-alpha12 running successfully, but I need to
get my accounts migrated.

++AMARU