From: Anantha RishiKesan on
Even, i got this error. I heard that the same error will occur in different circumstances.

In my case, I added a custom lookup[Multiple] field in the user list. That makes the site to through the following error, whenever i try to add a new user / change permission of the existing user.

create new user Exception occurred.(Exception from HRESULT: 0?80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))

After deleting the multiple lookup column. All is well :)

dlozzi(remove-this wrote:

Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EX
01-Nov-07

Howdy,

I'm getting the following error in my WSS 3 installation

Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))

whenever SharePoint appears to do something with Security. I've logged in
with a few different user accounts, all having Full Control of the website.
Specifically, this error will occur when trying to create a new subsite with
new security groups or creating a new user. WSS is setup in AD Creation Mode.
The user account creates correctly in AD AND the user gets the welcome email,
but then the error occurs and the user is never added to the site!! I can
click create 5 times in a row and it'll make 5 users in AD, send the emails
but never add them to SharePoint.

This was working great for a long long time, definitly a week ago today. I
am the only one with access to the server console and haven't performed any
Windows/Microsoft Updates since it last worked. I just performed these
updates and nothing helped.

Looking at the logging for SharePoint, there's a single line about Watson.
No actual error to work with. Event Viewer has nothing. I'm not sure what to
do, as this is very urgent for my customer.

Thanks!

--
David Lozzi
Delphi Technology Solutions
David Lozzi
Delphi Technology Solutions
Blog: www.lozzi.net

On Thursday, November 01, 2007 5:54 PM
dlozzi(remove-this wrote:

[...]

On Thursday, November 01, 2007 6:15 PM
dlozzi(remove-this wrote:

In further troubleshooting, an admin CAN change passwords for users even
In further troubleshooting, an admin CAN change passwords for users even
though i cant create new users in sharepoint. Also, users have issues
resetting their own passwords. The users see no errors, but when they login
after changing their password, they have to use their original password.

Something is severly WACKED with WSS and the AD connection. Where do I begin
to troubleshoot this?

--
David Lozzi
Delphi Technology Solutions
Blog: www.lozzi.net

"David Lozzi" wrote:

On Friday, November 09, 2007 9:45 AM
dlozzi(remove-this wrote:

Another update. I'm still sitting here broken!
Another update. I'm still sitting here broken! I added a user to AD first
then tried adding him to SharePoint and I got the same error, so yeah. HELP

--
David Lozzi
Delphi Technology Solutions
Blog: www.lozzi.net