From: John Stumbles on
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 23:35:43 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

> I'm going crazy here....

Thanks to everyone who replied.

In the end I found out what had changed in /etc from my rsync snapshot
backup system, restored the changed files and rebooted and it worked again.

Not an ideal solution as I haven't really learned anything new, but
sometimes life's too short :-|

I found that there was (and after restoring it, again is) an
/etc/cups/ppd/Samsung.ppd which presumably makes it work, though where it
came from and why it's not with the others in
/usr/share/ppd/foomatic-rip/openprinting-gs-builtin/Samsung/ I don't know).

--
John Stumbles

Press any key to continue or any other key to exit
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: OPEN A SECRET
Next: Grub using wrong menu file.