From: Karl E. Peterson on
Has anyone solved this one yet? I've googled around a lot, found a lot
of common misery, and a few assertions of "works here!" Not helpful.
Looking for actual clues.

Thanks... Karl

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: Ronx on
What problem? What version of Windows 7 (Beta, RC or Retail)?

Beta and RC often hung when using the save or save as menu in many programs
(not just FrontPage, but never Notepad), but there are no problems (for me)
in the retail version.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Ronx formulated on Tuesday :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>> Has anyone solved this one yet? I've googled around a lot, found a lot of
>> common misery, and a few assertions of "works here!" Not helpful. Looking
>> for actual clues.
>
> What problem?

When doing a File-SaveAs on any open file, this message pops once for
each file in the existing folder:

"An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to complete
the operation. Close other programs to make more memory available, and
then try again."

Followed by:

"Unable to save file."

> What version of Windows 7 (Beta, RC or Retail)?

Enterprise 6.1.7600, Volume Licensing

The only webs I've tried it on are hosted on a Windows Server 2003 box
with FPSE installed.

Doing a copy/paste within FP2003 works just fine, and I can rename as
desired, so I have the functional equivalent. Kind of. That doesn't
help if I've already started editing the code, of course.

> Beta and RC often hung when using the save or save as menu in many programs
> (not just FrontPage, but never Notepad), but there are no problems (for me)
> in the retail version.

Yeah, you're the guy I've seen say that most often when I googled
around. I know it works for you. <g> But it seems that it doesn't
work not only for me, but for a whole lot of other folks too.

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Karl E. Peterson was thinking very hard :
> Has anyone solved this one yet? I've googled around a lot, found a lot of
> common misery, and a few assertions of "works here!" Not helpful. Looking
> for actual clues.

Huh. Googling this turns up a lot of hits, but no one here besides me
has experienced it? When doing a File-SaveAs on any open file, this
message pops once for each file in the existing folder:

"An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to
complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
available, and then try again."

Followed by:

"Unable to save file."

Very frustrating...

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Karl E. Peterson has brought this to us :
> Karl E. Peterson was thinking very hard :
>> Has anyone solved this one yet? I've googled around a lot, found a lot of
>> common misery, and a few assertions of "works here!" Not helpful. Looking
>> for actual clues.
>
> Huh. Googling this turns up a lot of hits, but no one here besides me has
> experienced it? When doing a File-SaveAs on any open file, this message pops
> once for each file in the existing folder:
>
> "An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to complete the
> operation. Close other programs to make more memory available, and then try
> again."
>
> Followed by:
>
> "Unable to save file."
>
> Very frustrating...

Well, for the sake of the thread, here's one possible resolution.
Install FrontPage 2003 in an XP Mode virtual machine.

That actually solves two problems at once. It eliminates the SaveAs
bug *and* provides you with a FPSE-equipped version of IIS to develop
against.

Life is Good, again...

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]