From: Plum on
Hi there,
I've got a list of 55 cities, and I'd like a macro to go down the list one
by one, and save the file with each city as the file name, so that in the end
I have 55 different files, each called city1.xls and city 2.xls and so forth.
I'm sure this is possible but not sure where to start!
Thanks for your help...
From: Jacob Skaria on
Try the below...Edit the workbooknames ..Assume the workbook is open

Sub Macro()
Dim cell As Range, wb As Workbook
Set wb = Workbooks("Whichworkbook.xls")

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'Specify the range in which the cities are mentioned...
For Each cell In Workbooks("book3.xls").Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A5:A8")
If cell.Text <> "" Then
wb.SaveAs "d:\" & cell.Text & ".xls", xlNormal
End If
Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub