From: bernd on
Hi!
have anyone a idea how i can save the files "...vhd" and "...vms"?

I build a start scriprt via the command line:

"Virtual PC.exe" -pc "MyComputer" -launch -singlepc

that will work fine...

Now the saving method:

"Virtual PC.exe" -pc "SUSE10 Mode" -pause -singlepc

copy "MyComputer*.*" "C:\SAVE"

"Virtual PC.exe" -pc "SUSE10 Mode" -resume -singlepc

The problem is that the vhd file is in use...
Now i need an idea how i can save the file with any parameter...

best regards

bernd

From: Robert Comer on
The VM actually needs to be hibernated or shut down to free up the VHD, and
I don't think there is a command line switch to do that.

If you have any backup software that can use a VSS writer, I think you could
back it up that way, otherwise you're going to have to hibernate the VM,
probably by sending a command into the VM that will hibernate the OS.

--
Bob Comer