From: John Pollard on
TomYoung wrote:
> You may be right, but I'm running out of "seldom-used" credit card
> accounts to test it on!

You could create a new Windows folder; create and open a New Quicken file
in that folder (making that new folder; the "current" folder); restore any
backup that has the $0 opening balance transaction; delete the opening
balance transaction; and do another download to that restored file.

You could then delete the entire new folder when you were through testing.

[I don't recall you saying it, but I assume you are on R10 of Q2010. What
os?]

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: TomYoung on
Well, that was interesting.

I made 2 copies of a backup that had the $0 opening balance
transaction in the CC account involved in error #3. 1st, just to see
if the error would repeat, I went to the Online Center, selected the
FI - Chase - and clicked on "Update/Send." The $22.66 payment was
downloaded, and I accepted it. This time there was no adjustment to
the Opening Balance transaction and the balance for the account was
correct.

Puzzled, I opened the 2nd copy of the backup and did a regular OSU.
Once again, the only transaction downloaded was the $22.66 payment,
and once again I accepted it. However, this time the Opening Balance
transaction *was* affected, showing a charge of $17.42, the exact
amount of *one* of the 2 recent transactions that added up to the
$22.66 amount I owed.

I suppose I could try again with the Opening Balance transaction
deleted, but the fact that it might work once probably wouldn't
constitute proof that it's in some way connected to the error, given
what just transpired.

Tom Young

From: John Pollard on
TomYoung wrote:

> I suppose I could try again with the Opening Balance transaction
> deleted, but the fact that it might work once probably wouldn't
> constitute proof that it's in some way connected to the error, given
> what just transpired.

I'm not sure what you want to "prove". But my thought is that, if you
want to increase the chances that Intuit can recognize, and fix, a problem
.... it could be benefical to gather, and publish, more evidence.

You normally explain problems very clearly - that's something that
software developers appreciate (if not, requre). You could provide your
evidence at:

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/feedback/