From: Mario - Roma on
I need to schedule a task to run from 8:00 to 9:00 every 30 seconds or at
least every 1 minute: I tryied to use the AT command but many options look
to are missing.
Can I schedule the task with the options I need using VBscript?
Regards
Marius

From: John John - MVP on
Mario - Roma wrote:
> I need to schedule a task to run from 8:00 to 9:00 every 30 seconds or at
> least every 1 minute: I tryied to use the AT command but many options look
> to are missing.
> Can I schedule the task with the options I need using VBscript?

I would probably just schedule a batch file to run at 8:00 and have the
batch file use the Sleep command or have it ping the local host for 30
seconds then loop back to the command. Have the batch file read the
time from the Echo command and use an IF statement to have it stop if
the time is greater than 9:00. Example:

@echo off
:hippo
for /f "tokens=1-2 delims=:" %%a in ('echo %time%') do (set tm=%%a%%b)
if %tm% GTR 900 goto :eof

::run some command here
Echo It's a lovely day %username%!

::sleep or ping the local host here for 30 seconds
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 31

goto :hippo

Some here can probably convert something like that to a VBS script...

John
From: Jeff C on

--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do

"Mario - Roma" wrote:

> I need to schedule a task to run from 8:00 to 9:00 every 30 seconds or at
> least every 1 minute: I tryied to use the AT command but many options look
> to are missing.
> Can I schedule the task with the options I need using VBscript?
> Regards
> Marius

Use the windows task scheduler to schedule your *.bat or *.vbs scripts to
run. Your scripts can call the tasks you wish to run.

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Mario - Roma" <mario(a)nospam.local> wrote in message
> I need to schedule a task to run from 8:00 to 9:00 every 30 seconds or at
> least every 1 minute: I tryied to use the AT command but many options look
> to are missing.
> Can I schedule the task with the options I need using VBscript?
> Regards
> Marius

At.exe is a Windows NT/2000 command. You should now use schtasks.exe (which
is far more powerful than at.exe) or else the Task Scheduler via the Control
Panel, as mentioned by Jeff C.

From: John John - MVP on

Pegasus [MVP] wrote:

> "Mario - Roma" <mario(a)nospam.local> wrote in message
>> I need to schedule a task to run from 8:00 to 9:00 every 30 seconds or
>> at least every 1 minute: I tryied to use the AT command but many
>> options look to are missing.
>> Can I schedule the task with the options I need using VBscript?
>> Regards
>> Marius
>
> At.exe is a Windows NT/2000 command. You should now use schtasks.exe
> (which is far more powerful than at.exe) or else the Task Scheduler via
> the Control Panel, as mentioned by Jeff C.

Doh! I should have know that.

John