From: dtksocal on
I have a task one has an estimated duration of 60 days. I want it to begin
task one 90 days prior to task two and task two cannot proceed until task one
is complete. Is there any way to reflect this scenario in project?
From: Rod Gill on
No. What you have there is a circular reference. Task 2 can't start until
Task 1 finishes but Task 1 can't start until before task 2 starts which in
turn is dependant on Task 1 which in turn......

What is the constraint? If management or customer say task 2 needs to start
on a specific date, then task1 Starts 90d before task 2 starts. This is no
problem. What's the driving event?

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5063 (20100426) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: lostminder on
Yes, there is a way to do it. You double click task 2 to open Task
Information dialog box, then click Predecessors tab, make sure task 1 is
showing under Task Name, in the Type, the relationship should be Finish-to
Start (FS), in the Lag, type 60d.