From: Todd on
Anyone have a working macro for Schemper's V that is tested in sas
v9.2?
From: Murphy Choy on
Hi,

Pardon me for my ignorance. What is schemper's v?
From: Mark Miller on
Schemper's has multiple measures V1 & V2
Explained Variation in the Cox Regression Model or Survivial Models

John Lachin has SAS codes on the errata pages for his book
Biostatistical Methods: The Assessment of Relative Risks
John Wiley and Sons, 2000
ISBN: 0-471-36996-9 *
*
http://www.bsc.gwu.edu/jml/biostatmethods/chapter9/swl-r2.sas

*--------------------------------------------------------------------*;
* Program: /jml/biostatmethods/chapter9/swl-r2.sas *;
* Source: Biostatistical Methods: The assessment of Relative Risks *;
* John Wiley and Sons, 2000 *;
* Author: John M. Lachin <jml(a)biostat.bsc.gwu.edu> *;
* Copyright (c) 2000 by John M. Lachin *;
* Purpose: computes the Schemper and Kent-O'Quigley R-square *;
* measures of explained variation in the proportional *;
* hazards regression analysis of the Lagakos data *;
* presented in Example 9.6. *;
* Web URL: http://www.bsc.gwu.edu/jml/biostatmethods *;
*--------------------------------------------------------------------*;

.... Mark Miller

From: Todd on
The recommendations above were all great and the macro works fine.
The only edit I have is that in the PDF instructions, the author
describes that after the alteration are made that the step "...has to
repeated for each file that appears in the CONFIG statement of
C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.1\SASV9.CFG." I only made one alteration
and the macro works as described and as proofed by the given example
in the melanoma data.

The instructions, function and ability to proof the macro with a known
value provided by the author certainly generate confidence in using
this macro.