From: peter michaelson on
Hi:

Just upgraded to Q2010 from Q2002. It's better than other interim
versions I've tried, mainly because QIF export and import are back. I
feel I can control my database again while enjoying downloads.

Anyway, I like a very clean screen. How do I make the following
disappear from the Investment Register (Transaction List)?

1. There is a 3/4" bar toward the top that has 'find' 'enter
transactions' and 'set up download'. I want it to go away.

2. Close to the screen bottom there is another bar with 'Download
Transactions' and 'Bill and Income Reminders'. I want it to go away.

3. Just above that bar there is another mostly empty bar with
'Securities Value' 'Cash Balance' and 'Total Market Value'. I want it
to go away.

Also, I haven't figured out how to change the font in an investment
register. The Preferences / Register / Fonts menu seems to have no
effect.

Thanks for any answers ......

Peter

P.S. Sometimes it seems that Intuit just juggles the silly menu
options each year instead of improving functionality. At core, 2010
seems no different from 2002. I guess it's hard to make a profit in
software if you had a great product 10 years ago. They worked
themselves right out of a job.