From: Bianca on
I have been trying for weeks to get search working on our intranet before we
launch with document libraries. If I try to start the Search service in the
Central Admin interface, I get “Unknown error”. The event log shows the
following:

1. If the search database has not been created, the event log shows 'Login
failed for user'.

2. If, however, I create the database (no tables or anything yet) and try to
start the Search service either from Central Admin or from the command line
using stsadm.exe (as per instructions in Deploy using DBA-created databases
(Windows SharePoint Services)) then the error is 'Could not find stored
procedure 'dbo.proc_MSS_GetConfigurationProperty'

I don't know where this stored procedure is meant to be nor why it is not
there. Please help!!

From: Daniel Bugday on
WSS 3.0?
MOSS ?

/Daniel Bugday

From: Mike Walsh on
I'd hope WSS 3.0 as this is .windowsservices ....

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
no questions by e-mail please