From: Zsoldier on
I'm continually getting this error in my application log.

An exception occurred in the search synchronizer.

Also, I'm seeing this message in my Sharepoint configure Search and
indexing Page:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
at mssctlbm.SearchAdminClass.get_Applications()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Search.Admin.WebControls.ContentSourcesStatus.f()

at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Search.Admin.WebControls.ContentSourcesStatus.OnPreRender(Object
sender, EventArgs e)

What is getting access denied, I have no idea. This seemed to start
happening after I upgraded the server to Windows 2003 SP1. Any ideas?

From: "Shane Young [SPS MVP]" <Shane @ SharePoint911 dot on
What account do you have search configured to run as? A local admin account
or something else?

I haven't seen this before but I would guess the problem lies in one of your
accounts. Try reentering the passwords again?

You can also check the diagnostic logs to see if they help any.
http://www.sharepoint911.com/Lists/How%20Do%20I/DispForm.aspx?ID=1

--
Shane Young - SPS MVP
SharePoint911 - http://www.SharePoint911.com

From: Zsoldier on
I tried changing the account to a local admin on the box which didn't
seem to help. Only the main page seems to be having problems, the
sub-sites don't have search problems. I've re-tried the passwords a
number of times to no avail.

From: "Shane Young [SPS MVP]" <Shane @ SharePoint911 dot on
Did you check the diagnostic logs?