From: yaeger on

Howard Brazee wrote:
> On 9 Feb 2006 10:09:16 -0800, yaeger(a)us.ibm.com wrote:
>
> >> What happened to
> >> HTTP://PUBLIBZ.BOULDER.IBM.COM/CGI-BIN/BOOKMGR_OS390/BOOKS/ISPZU220/APPENDIX1
> I had it as a link written in as documentation for a job. It no
> longer points to anything and I want to update my documentation with
> wherever that old documentation was moved to. Trouble is, I don't
> remember what it said.

Sorry, I don't know what that used to point to so I can't help.

If you're looking for the DFSORT books, you can access them all from:

www.ibm.com/servers/storage/support/software/sort/mvs/srtmpub.html

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM) - yaeger(a)us.ibm.com
Specialties: ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration
=> DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/

From: yaeger on
docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
> Eh? First I'm 'looking too deep into the DFSORT doc' and then I'm not
> looking deeply enough

Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but it's a matter of following the links
from the right starting place to the right ending place. It's just
the way Bookmanager sets things up. If you use the pdf version of the
DFSORT APG and just start at the beginning of the INCLUDE doc, all the
silliness ends. :)

From: on
In article <1139608350.325629.24870(a)f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<yaeger(a)us.ibm.com> wrote:
>docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
>> Eh? First I'm 'looking too deep into the DFSORT doc' and then I'm not
>> looking deeply enough
>
>Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but it's a matter of following the links
>from the right starting place to the right ending place. It's just
>the way Bookmanager sets things up.

Glad you find the humor as well, Mr Yaeger, but I'd disagree that it was
'just the way Bookmanager sets things up'; a few years back I posted what
I had been taught a few decades back in
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cobol/msg/6270125dc1834814?dmode=source&hl=en>

--begin quoted text:

As I was taught: 'An IBM manual contains 25 chapters, each of which
assumes intimate familiarity with the other 24.'

--end quoted text

DD