From: Dave Peterson on
I'd say there was a mistake in either the formula I posted and you modified --
or a mistake in the way you modified the suggested formula.

I think it's time to post the formula you used.

--

Dave Peterson
From: EJ Hill on
=vlookup(B4,if(b4="QB",'Roster!'N4:AM110league!,'Roster'!17,False))
if(b4="K",Roster!N4:AM110league!,'Roster'!25,False)

I modified the sheet so that the stats all report to the end of the "Roster"
worksheet.
But this says it doesn't like the pathing name 'Roster'

From: Dave Peterson on
You're going to end up with the =indirect() version. You have too many criteria
for the =if() statement to handle.

(Unless you're using xl2007, you can't nest those 11 conditions in the =if()
portion of the formula.)

And I'm confused about what you want to lookup.

I thought B5 was going to contain the name of the player and B4 would contain
his position.

If that's true, then you're going to have to use something like:

=vlookup(b5,if(b4="QB",'Roster'!N:AM,
if(b4="K", 'Roster'!??:??,
if(b4="CB",'Roster'!??:??,
'Roster'!??:??))),25,false)

The =if() in the middle is gonna evaluate to a range on that roster worksheet.
You'll have to change the ??:?? to the correct columns.

Again, I think that you're gonna find that this is a non-starter.

You're next attempt should be the worksheet with the table of positions and
columns to use.