From: Zaidy036 on
In article <4bb2e4ba-22d2-4410-a681-546db3d92fc4(a)w24g2000vbw.googlegroups.com>,
jaygreg90(a)hotmail.com says...

> On Apr 13, 8:23�pm, jaygreg <jaygre...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Apr 13, 7:56�pm, Zaidy036 <Zaidy036NOS...(a)optonline.net> wrote:
> >

> > > In article <eab893cd-67ca-4677-b916-581353850...(a)d33g2000vbu.googlegroups.com>,
> > > jaygre...(a)hotmail.com says...

> > > Return of Capital so the Cap Gain will be increased when you finally sell.
> >
> > > If you use average cost this will work OK. If you specify shares for sales then
> > > the return of cap should be against specific shares.
> >
> > Thanks, Zaidy.
>
> Whoops! Spoke too soon. My list of tax lines on Q2008 H&B doesn't have
> a Return of Capital or anything that looks close to me (but I'm not an
> accountant). Could you - or anyone else with this version - suggest an
> selection please.

This is NOT a tax line item UNTIL you sell when the total cost of your
investment is taken into account.

I use Q2008 Premier, not H&B, but there should be a transaction termed "Return
of Capital" as a choice in the Investment account's "Type of Transaction".