From: Amoruso3 on
I have downloaded and installed this update at least a dozen times. It keeps
telling me to install new update when I click on the little icon on the task
bar. It shows I have installed and it goes thru the whole thing all over
again. How many times do I have to install this!?
From: Shenan Stanley on
Amoruso3 wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed this update at least a dozen times.
> It keeps telling me to install new update when I click on the
> little icon on the task bar. It shows I have installed and it goes
> thru the whole thing all over again. How many times do I have to
> install this!?

Done any research?

MS10-015: Vulnerabilities in Windows kernel could allow elevation of
privilege
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

"How to obtain help and support for this security update

the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552

your usual support contacts."

Also - look through the "Known issues with this security update" section of
the given web page.

Might also look through some archived conversations about it...
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=977165&sitesearch=groups.google.com&scoring=d

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

What results do you get when you run the Fix It in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966?

From: CBClark4 on
If I wanted to research every time something went wrong with my OS I would have installed Fedora for free. People pay good money for these MS products and get nothing but these kinds of response for asking for help.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/Security-Update-for-Windows-Vista-KB977165
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
No one here works for or represents Microsoft.

Tip: Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups

Tip: Setting up Windows Mail (in Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/microsoft-newsgroup-setup-instructions-for-windows-mail/

Tip: Setting up Windows LIVE Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ms-newsgroup-setup-instructions-windows-live-mail/

CBClark4 wrote:
> If I wanted to research every time something went wrong with my OS I would
> have installed Fedora for free. People pay good money for these MS
> products and get nothing but these kinds of response for asking for help.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Updates
Next: Error Code 80070490