From: JellyBean on
Just like cdog (see today's thread about security update for Excel 2003), I
am having problems with updating through Windows Update. Everytime I install
this update (successfully according to Windows Update) and reboot my
computer, I get prompted to install the same update again. I then go back to
Windows Update website, where it says that I should install this update, even
if according to the online history of my updates, this last update was
installed! However, when I check my installed program list in the Control
Panel (Add/Remove Programs), I can't find the update. I repeated the same
update again, this time with my firewall and antivirus turned off, and it
didn't make any difference.

Question #1 : Is there a way to download the update first, and THEN install
it off line? (just to see if it would solve the problem)

Question #2 : If scenario in question #1 is not the solution, what else
should I do?

Thanks for your help!
From: JustMe on
I had the same problem. I tried several times to install it, but it didn't work. Then I used the "Install updates and shutdown" option and it worked.

Greetings
JustMe

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/Security-update-for-Microsoft.NET-Framework-KB976576-unsuccessfu
From: The Lord on
Fake fake fake..........kb976576

---
From: Zoli1972 on
What does that mean? "fake fake fake"??? Ist that UPDATE a fake?

Zoli

---
From: Shenan Stanley on
Zoli1972 wrote:
> What does that mean? "fake fake fake"??? Ist that UPDATE a fake?

In the future - not only should you probably reply to whomever you are
actually replying to in a given conversation (and not the original posting
if that is not whom you are replying to) - but you may wish to include the
pertinent parts of the conversation you are replying to so others might have
some clue what you could be talking about.

In case you are using some web-forum and are unsure what I am speaking of -
view your archived conversation participation in a "tree" view and look at
the left-most column...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/1095863ed557f79d/

You replied to the original poster when it is obvious (from that) you meant
to reply to "The Lord". I realize you are likely just using the web
interface for the groups - and that is fine - but you should know that not
*everyone* uses the same interface as you to access this information (and it
gets replicated all over the world in different formats - often lingering
for years.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP