From: Bullwinkle on
Cool!

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote in message
Bullwinkle wrote:

> Trouble reading dumbass?
> alt.privacy.spyware,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.security.virus

Whoops! I looked at your header .. missed his. My misteak.

> You must be one of his puppets.

Hardly.

--
-bts

From: Buffalo on

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Bullwinkle wrote:
>
>> Stop Crossposting dumbass.
>
> He didn't crosspost, dumbass. <g>
>
> He multi-posted, which is worse.
> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost

He cross-posted to 3 groups.
alt.privacy.spyware,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.security.virus

Where did he multi-post?
Buffalo

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bullwinkle" <BDTJ(a)loa.mo>

| Trouble reading dumbass?
| alt.privacy.spyware,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.security.virus

| You must be one of his puppets.

He made an honest mistake. A rarity for him.

He is not "one of his puppets". He one of the good guys -- really he is.

--
Dave

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Juarez" <jua(a)rez.invalid> wrote in message
> On 23/04/2010 1:38 AM, ~BD~ wrote:
>> Thousands of PCs around the world have been paralysed by a security
>> update that wrongly labelled part of Windows as a virus.
>>
>> The update was sent out by security firm McAfee and made affected PCs
>> endlessly restart.
>>
>> Corporate customers of McAfee seemed to be hardest hit but some
>> individuals reported problems too.
>>
>> McAfee apologised for the mistake and released a fix to ensure PCs
>> started working again.
>>
>> Ref: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8636985.stm
>

> How can people install a patch if they can't even boot into Windows?

....or if their method of distributing definitions files within their
local network is borked - it is just one big mcgaffe! :oD

> And it is nice of Macaffee to apologize but what about the monetary
> damages they have now caused to corporations? Oh right, they have an
> EULA that claims they are not responsible for any damages caused.

Ya spins da wheel an ya takes ya chances - there's nothing new here.

From: Peter Foldes on
You friggin idiot. There you go again doing a copy\paste and making the article
sound to be different.
Why not advise the people that use McAfee and are affected as to what to do to
rectify the issue.
You cause more harm than good.

See the following dumbass

McAfee VirusScan DAT Update May Cause Microsoft Windows System Failure
http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=20375

McAfee KnowledgeBase - False positive detection of w32/wecorl.a in 5958 DAT
https://kc.mcafee.com:443/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68780

EXTRA.DAT to suppress detection of w32/wecorl.a false positive with the 5958
DAT file
http://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1374

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"~BD~" <BoaterDave.NoSpam(a)Hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thousands of PCs around the world have been paralysed by a security
> update that wrongly labelled part of Windows as a virus.
>
> The update was sent out by security firm McAfee and made affected PCs
> endlessly restart.
>
> Corporate customers of McAfee seemed to be hardest hit but some
> individuals reported problems too.
>
> McAfee apologised for the mistake and released a fix to ensure PCs
> started working again.
>
> Ref: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8636985.stm

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2