From: Roy Thomas on
Hi ,

I am trying to segrigate and pull data from one colum to different colums.
For this I want to created a macro . Also I want this data to be pulled from
a word document and to be pasted on an Excel template.Is it possible ??then
How can we do it .
From: ker_01 on
Hi Roy-

Providing a sample of the type of data you are working with (whatever you
want to segregate, also called "parsing") would be helpful in order to
provide you more direction.

You can definitely extract data from a Word document, but how efficient it
is will vary depending on how your Word document was set up. For example:
* Was all data entered into form fields in a protected document? If so,
extracting the data is extremely easy.
* Is all of your data in table cells in Word, where the target table cells
contain only your desired content? That is easy to pull, but you may have a
small amount of cleanup once the data is in Excel.
* Is your data in tables, but where the tables also contain unwanted text,
like user instructions, headers, and prompts? It becomes much more difficult
to pull cleanly, because users may have edited the cell content in ways that
won't allow you to automatically extract just your target text.
* Is your target content just in the body of the word document, in-line with
other text? You can search for key strings that may get you your target
output, but again, if users edited the file, you'll still be fixing some of
your output by hand.

Please provide more information, and hopefully the group can provide
additional assistance.

Best,
Keith

"Roy Thomas" wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to segrigate and pull data from one colum to different colums.
> For this I want to created a macro . Also I want this data to be pulled from
> a word document and to be pasted on an Excel template.Is it possible ??then
> How can we do it .

Pages: 1
Prev: Last cell with data in a range
Next: find