From: rowed79 on
I'm using Powerpoint 2003 with Windows 7. When I select an object in
Powerpoint, whether left- or right-clicking, the object moves slightly. This
is a royal pain, because I have to press ctrl-z after every selection,
otherwise the movement continues to propagate on every successive selection.
I think it is a mouse problem (I have a gateway mouse).

Any thoughts on how to correct this?
From: morgancreative on
Is it a cordless mouse? If so, toss it and go back to a corded mouse.

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
You might try:

Locate the Powerpnt.exe file (in Program Files\Microsoft office)
Right click > Properties>Compatability and disable desktop composition.

See if that helps but be aware there may be slight side effects on the
display also
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <#zeTxLtnKHA.4648(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Echo S wrote:
> This was a thing on Vista, too.
>
> Office shapes move or duplicate themselves when I click them (VISTA)
> http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm
>
> Check that for the solution in Vista -- I'd bet there's a similar setting in
> Win 7.
>
> Looks like we may need to update that to specify Vista and Win 7, eh?

BT.DT. Nice t-shirt. Thanks for the suggestion.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: LVTravel on

"rowed79" <rowed79(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Powerpoint 2003 with Windows 7. When I select an object in
> Powerpoint, whether left- or right-clicking, the object moves slightly.
> This
> is a royal pain, because I have to press ctrl-z after every selection,
> otherwise the movement continues to propagate on every successive
> selection.
> I think it is a mouse problem (I have a gateway mouse).
>
> Any thoughts on how to correct this?

In addition to all the other suggestions you may want to turn off Snap to
Grid. (View, Grid and Guides, click to turn off the Snap objects to grid
and snap objects to other objects and then click on OK. See if this fixes
your issue.