From: Gary Hillerson on
Thanks, Jay.

That worked, though i had to move my Style assignment elsewhere -- the
interaction between setting the attribute of the range and the style
of the paragraph got things confused, and it really belonged
elsewhere, since it applied to the entire paragraph and shouldn't have
been assigned to each chunk.

Your diligence and knowledge are appreciated!