From: Ed Mullen on
Mason C wrote:
> On 17 Feb 2010 17:09:01 GMT, "Chris F.A. Johnson"<cfajohnson(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-02-17, Mason C wrote:
>>> Seeing there's nothing better than chatter here.
>>
>> So you post something worse. Instead of posting a link, you posted
>> a bunch of invalid HTML that is hard to read in a newsreader (and
>> probably would be even if it were valid).
>
> Is what I did worse

Yes.

And pointless to boot.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: dorayme on
In article <3hhgfm.gsa.17.1(a)news.alt.net>,
Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:

> Mason C wrote:
> > On 17 Feb 2010 17:09:01 GMT, "Chris F.A. Johnson"<cfajohnson(a)gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> So you post something worse. Instead of posting a link, you posted
> >> a bunch of invalid HTML that is hard to read in a newsreader (and
> >> probably would be even if it were valid).
> >
> > Is what I did worse
>
> Yes.
>
> And pointless to boot.

Mason C's crime simply cannot be compared in any way to any
discussion about whether there could be a physical universe that
contained other universes. This latter is *always* just bubbling
under the surface of any discussion. It simply takes courage to
bring it out into the open. Whereas to dump a whole lot of stuff
into invalid html in a usenet post is an act of cowardice.
Anyway, that is how it seems to me.

--
dorayme
From: Ed Mullen on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<3hhgfm.gsa.17.1(a)news.alt.net>,
> Ed Mullen<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:
>
>> Mason C wrote:

>>> Is what I did worse
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> And pointless to boot.
>
> Mason C's crime simply cannot be compared in any way to any
> discussion about whether there could be a physical universe that
> contained other universes. This latter is *always* just bubbling
> under the surface of any discussion. It simply takes courage to
> bring it out into the open. Whereas to dump a whole lot of stuff
> into invalid html in a usenet post is an act of cowardice.
> Anyway, that is how it seems to me.

I'm not sure that "cowardice" is a level this action rises to. Rather,
I just thought it was:

1. Dumb
2. Pointless
3. Needlessly annoying
4. A waste of bandwidth
5. Irritating in the context of Usenet
6. About a hundred other things but: See point 1.

Mason has surely provided all of us with much amusement over time.
Although, he has failed to create the absolutely worst Web page. He has
tried, I admit, with great effort. Sadly, to no avail. His page(s) are
not nearly ugly enough nor useless enough to rise to the heights of
ridicule. Just moderately crass nagging.

So, with the gratuitous post in question, he's gone beyond just
affronting our sensibilities in viewing Web pages, he's invaded Usenet
with pointless drivel that, in order to properly read, we must copy and
paste into a text doc, save it, then open in a browser to find we are
confronted with more meaningless drivel ...

Oh. Sorry. I just realized there is no point to this discussion, much
as there is no point to Mason.

Geez. Ok, I'm off to the kitchen liquor cabinet.

Totally OT: I'm happy, I got a solution to a nagging problem in Windows
7! Ooo! More reason to celebrate!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: dorayme on
In article <3hhn9j.dpf.17.1(a)news.alt.net>,
Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:

> I just thought it was:
>
> 1. ...
> 2. ...
> 3. ...
> 4. ...
> 5. ...
> 6. ...: See point 1.

This causes me a lot of trouble Ed, I am now locked in an endless
loop. I wish you had not added the very last instruction after
the colon. I am going to have to get a house call from my service
folk.

--
dorayme
From: Jonathan N. Little on
Ed Mullen wrote:

> Totally OT: I'm happy, I got a solution to a nagging problem in Windows
> 7! Ooo! More reason to celebrate!

Just one? Oh please tell...it isn't upgrade to XP is it?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO