From: dorayme on
In article <8t50o5ht01s04ea4n496iu6acpm15m4shm(a)4ax.com>,
Albert Ross <spam(a)devnull.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:34:45 -0600, Ben C <spamspam(a)spam.eggs> wrote:
>
> >I'm not very happy with the idea of anything being smaller than itself.
>
> My penis does that.

It cannot really do that any more than a universe can contain
other universes. A penis has an actual space/time size which does
not vary.

--
dorayme
From: Ed Mullen on
Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-02-20, Albert Ross wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:34:45 -0600, Ben C<spamspam(a)spam.eggs> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not very happy with the idea of anything being smaller than itself.
>>
>> My penis does that.
>>
>> (Maybe I should use ems rather than pixels)
>
> Use smaller units; it will look more impressive (angstroms,
> perhaps?).

Nanometers. Microns. Giga-deci-meters? Wait! Warp Drive -9!!! You
went backwards so fast you never enen ... oh, never mind!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Ed Mullen on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<8t50o5ht01s04ea4n496iu6acpm15m4shm(a)4ax.com>,
> Albert Ross<spam(a)devnull.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:34:45 -0600, Ben C<spamspam(a)spam.eggs> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not very happy with the idea of anything being smaller than itself.
>>
>> My penis does that.
>
> It cannot really do that any more than a universe can contain
> other universes. A penis has an actual space/time size which does
> not vary.

Ya know, I really didn't want to dive into this discussion (so to speak)
but, I have a bone to pick (again, so to speak) with this comment.

I don't know how familiar you are with penises, dorayme, but mine most
certainly varies in space and time.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: dorayme on
In article <3hmu8v.l3n.19.3(a)news.alt.net>,
Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article<8t50o5ht01s04ea4n496iu6acpm15m4shm(a)4ax.com>,
> > Albert Ross<spam(a)devnull.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> >> My penis does that.
> >
> > It cannot really do that any more than a universe can contain
> > other universes. A penis has an actual space/time size which does
> > not vary.
> >

> Ya know, I really didn't want to dive into this discussion (so to speak)
> but, I have a bone to pick (again, so to speak) with this comment.
>
> I don't know how familiar you are with penises, dorayme, but mine most
> certainly varies in space and time.

It might well vary in space and it might well vary in time. But
not in space/time. A space/time object is a four (or more)
dimensional object, one (or possibly more) of whose dimensions is
time. This object can be sliced and diced mentally and it is not
illegal to do so. Only a very ignorant sexist judge would convict.

But let us put all this aside just for a moment and suppose yours
is a space/time object that does vary somehow. All I can say now
is that this is disgusting. Go see a doctor (Doctor Who, if you
can make an appointment with him) and have it removed as soon as
you can.

Time for a Sunday afternoon joke:

A rabbi is sitting on a train opposite a priest.
"Tell me, er, Your Worship," the rabbi says, "why do you wear
your collar back-to-front?"
"Because I'm a father," answers the priest.
"I'm also a father and I don't wear my collar like that."
"Ah," said the priest, "but I'm a father to thousands."
"Then maybe it's your trousers you should wear back-to-front!"

--
dorayme
From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:42:05 +1100, dorayme
<doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>In article <3hmu8v.l3n.19.3(a)news.alt.net>,
> Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:

>> > It cannot really do that any more than a universe can contain
>> > other universes. A penis has an actual space/time size which does
>> > not vary.
>> >

>> Ya know, I really didn't want to dive into this discussion (so to speak)
>> but, I have a bone to pick (again, so to speak) with this comment.
>>
>> I don't know how familiar you are with penises, dorayme, but mine most
>> certainly varies in space and time.
>
>It might well vary in space and it might well vary in time. But
>not in space/time. A space/time object is a four (or more)
>dimensional object, one (or possibly more) of whose dimensions
>is time. This object can be sliced and diced

Don't say things like that !!!

> mentally and it is not illegal to do so.
> Only a very ignorant sexist judge would convict.

True. Lorena was found "not guilty"

>But let us put all this aside just for a moment and suppose yours
>is a space/time object that does vary somehow. All I can say now
>is that this is disgusting. Go see a doctor (Doctor Who, if you
>can make an appointment with him) and have it removed as soon as
>you can.
>
>Time for a Sunday afternoon joke:
>
>A rabbi is sitting on a train opposite a priest.
>"Tell me, er, Your Worship," the rabbi says, "why do you wear
>your collar back-to-front?"
>"Because I'm a father," answers the priest.
>"I'm also a father and I don't wear my collar like that."
>"Ah," said the priest, "but I'm a father to thousands."
>"Then maybe it's your trousers you should wear back-to-front!"
--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last