Prev: Where it is
Next: New Toy
From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Win 7 won't let me send a series of mini dump files to a compressed
(zipped) folder.

Says "File not found or no read permission."

Any way to get around that?

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: Sue Morton on
I've found interesting policy restrictions on various activities and at
various places in the system (I've done more in Server 2008 than Win7, but
they are pretty much the same story at least in this area). For example I
found I could copy files from my personal documents folder to a subdirectory
in the program files folder, but I could not extract from a zip file stored
in my personal documents directly into the subdirectory in program files,
that action was blocked. Instead I had to extract the files at another
location (my personal documents folder in this case), and then copy them
over to the program files subdirectory where I wanted them. I had
administrator privs so that wasn't it, it's certain security that's blocked
even to system admin. (The only administrator login that can get around it,
is the "real" administrator account that is hidden, you have to enable it
even though you can't see it, then login with it. Bizarre in and of
itself.)

So I'm thinking you're getting hit with something equally unobvious. Try
choosing another location for your compressed folder? Or copy the mini
dumps to your personal documents? Etc.
--
Sue Morton

"Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" <dmodisette(a)gatortraks.com> wrote in message
> Win 7 won't let me send a series of mini dump files to a compressed
> (zipped) folder.
>
> Says "File not found or no read permission."
>
> Any way to get around that?
>
> --
> Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette
>
> http://www.gatortraks.com/forum