From: Movie Glitch on
How do i embed a movie file that i have put into a slide show so that when i
send the powerpoint presentation to someone i am only sending a single file?

If i email the powerpoint presenation normally the (.wmv) file does not go
with it and the slide show cannot find the link when the end user is trying
to play it.
From: TAJ Simmons on

So long as your email the .wmv and the other person saves all the files in the
SAME folder then powerpoint should find it.

Caveat - make the folder a short one

c:\test (is short)
d:\documents and settings\users\presentations\blah blah (is long)

see
Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or email a
presentation
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00155.htm

I believe powerpoint 2010 will embed videos :)

cheers
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...