From: Mark Sieving on
On Jan 2, 12:09 am, nospam <nos...(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <e17tj597lj26r47kfhcf9darhtgcdgn...(a)4ax.com>, Mark Sieving
>
> <Mark.Siev...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why punish the destinations in the US for what Canada is doing?
>
> do you have a better way to end this nonsense?

Complain to the Canadian TSA and other agencies of the Canadian
government responsible for transportation security. Complain the the
Canadian legislature. If any kind of boycott is warranted, it should
be US travelers flying to Canada, rather than the other way around.

> > The airline and the cities in the US have no control over what Canada's
> > transportation security agency requires.  Seems to me the complaints
> > should be dericted to CATSA and whatever part of the Canadian
> > government is responsible for this decision.
>
> yes they do,

Well, they can complain about the CATSA's policy, just like anyone
else, but they don't make the policy.

> and it's not just canada.
>
> <http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/74041-homeland-securit
> y-dept-to-launch-international-airport-security-campaign>

The US regulations require hand checking carry-on bags for passengers
flying from or through 14 countries that are designated as state
sponsors of terrorism or similar high risk areas. There has been no
move by the US to ban carry-ons altogether as Canada has done.

From: nospam on
In article
<83caac1e-5518-4a02-9dbb-70aaaab40f27(a)c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
Mark Sieving <mark_sieving(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, they can complain about the CATSA's policy, just like anyone
> else, but they don't make the policy.

in order to fly into the usa, foreign security must meet certain tsa
guidelines. that's why there's shoe/liquid checks for usa bound flights
but not for flight to other places.

the whole thing is a big charade.

how about this gem? they only plan to catch 1 out of 4 criminals, up
every so slightly from 2009 (25%->26%):
<http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/59213>

to me, that says 'failure'.