From: Diane Ross on
On 3/21/10 12:42 PM, John Wolf wrote:
> Anyway to do something similar on the Mac? Perhaps the Outlook people know
> of a way, I am not sure.

Entourage 2008 has a favorites bar. You could drag the Sent folder from
folders "On My Computer" to the favorites bar.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>
From: Diane Ross on
On 3/21/10 6:18 PM, John Wolf wrote:
> I hear Entourage 2008 is slower on a Intel Mac under SL than 2004.

Entourage 2008 should be faster since it doesn't require rosetta to run.

From: William Smith [MVP] on
On 3/22/10 8:55 PM, John Wolf wrote:

> That's not what I heard from a Mac tech who claimed that 2008 is
> slower on a intel Mac over 2004.

No, Office 2008 will be faster on an Intel Mac because it is a universal
binary, which means it has code to run natively on Intel.

From reports I read shortly after Office 2008 was released, it is about
25% faster on Intel overall.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
On 3/24/10 9:24 PM, John wrote:

> Thank you sir! I want to upgrade, but maybe I should wait.

At this point I'd wait until you begin hearing announcements about
Office 2011.

For Office 2008, Microsoft offered free upgrades for purchasing Office
2004 shortly before release, but you had to redeem the offers within a
certain amount of time.

They may or may not do this again, but we won't know until later this year.

On 3/28/10 12:31 PM, John wrote:

> In article<uToVUo8yKHA.4964(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> "William Smith [MVP]"<mecklists(a)REM0VETH1S.comcast.net.INVALID>
> wrote:
>
>> For Office 2008, Microsoft offered free upgrades for purchasing Office
>> 2004 shortly before release, but you had to redeem the offers within a
>> certain amount of time.
>
> Strange why I did not know of this. How can I find out?

Nothing's been offered yet, but I'm sure Microsoft would be announcing
specials a little before they release Office 2011. You'll just have to
keep your eyes open and I suggest subscribing to their blog as well
<http://www.officeformac.com/blog/>