From: Ron Z. on
OS: Vista 64-bit; Office Pro 2003; Outlook is main e-mail client. Vista is
set-up into 2 users. Until 5 days ago my outlook had been functioning fine,
could send and receive with no problem. I can still receive but not send -
outgoing stays in outbox. I have double and triple checked all account
settings, they are the same for myself and second user. I have checked with
my ISP, I am not being blocked on sending mail by them. I am also running
Norton 360 as my firewall and screening e-mail for viruses on incomming and
outgoing. I have put all setting on Norton back to default. I have also
tried deleting the outgoing message, recreating and resending using alternate
addresses; creating a new Outlook Data file; and deleting all of the e-mail
accounts and re-entering them. Results are still the same, can receive but
not send. Second user can send and receive e-mail using outlook with no
problems. Any suggestions on how to fix this, it's driving an old man
crazy!!!!!!
--
Ron Z
From: N. Miller on
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:59:01 -0700, Ron Z. wrote:

> OS: Vista 64-bit; Office Pro 2003; Outlook is main e-mail client. Vista is
> set-up into 2 users. Until 5 days ago my outlook had been functioning fine,
> could send and receive with no problem. I can still receive but not send -
> outgoing stays in outbox. I have double and triple checked all account
> settings, they are the same for myself and second user. I have checked with
> my ISP, I am not being blocked on sending mail by them. I am also running
> Norton 360 as my firewall and screening e-mail for viruses on incomming and
> outgoing. I have put all setting on Norton back to default. I have also
> tried deleting the outgoing message, recreating and resending using alternate
> addresses; creating a new Outlook Data file; and deleting all of the e-mail
> accounts and re-entering them. Results are still the same, can receive but
> not send. Second user can send and receive e-mail using outlook with no
> problems. Any suggestions on how to fix this, it's driving an old man
> crazy!!!!!!

Absent any relevant error messages, this old man has no idea what to tell
you.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Ron Z." <RonZ(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> OS: Vista 64-bit; Office Pro 2003; Outlook is main e-mail client. Vista is
> set-up into 2 users. Until 5 days ago my outlook had been functioning fine,
> could send and receive with no problem. I can still receive but not send -
> outgoing stays in outbox.

Uninstall the Norton product completely, then reinstall without the mail
scanning. See if that makes a difference.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Ron Z. on
See reply to Ben. I want to thank you both for your help so far.
--
Ron Z