Prev: Allaire
Next: Sonar 8.5
From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> I still work that way. When I lay down a guitar or bass line, I
> >> always tune up first, coz my rack mount tuner is always in the signal
> >> path, so there's no excuse to not tune up, then I set a level on my
> >> RNC so that it's just barely triggering when I bear down on the
> >> instrument, and lastly I set the output of my mixer so that it gets
> >> close to, but doesn't hit the red in my DAW. Zactly what I been
> >> doing for over 30 years, and it still werks, although the equipment
> >> is different now. ;)
> >
> > Well, I have to say my setup is drastically different now from what it
> > was...even ten years ago. And I rarely use a mixer at all....straight
> > into the soundcard (I did some critical tests years ago and found no
> > coloration was the best way to record for my purposes) so all my meter
> > reading is in the puter.
> > That's my excuse ;)
>
> My excuse for continuing to use a mixer is that I have two mics on my
> cocktail kit, a vocal mic, a mic on my guitar speaker cab in the closet,
> and a line from my bass preamp that are all pre-trimmed and pre-EQ'd for
> ready to record action, and minimal level setting. Basically, if I'm
> playing an instrument, it's in the mixer, and feeding the computer, and
all
> I gotta do if something starts sounding good, is to hit record! :)

Good way of doing things for the setup you're using.

Poly

From: Max Arwood on
VERY very nice!! I like music like this. So smooth and relaxing.
In case some of you missed the proteus VX -

It's still here!
http://www.emu.com/promo/proteusvx/welcome.asp

Later,
Max Arwood

From: polymod on

"Max Arwood" <max(a)noneya.com> wrote in message
> VERY very nice!! I like music like this. So smooth and relaxing.

Thanks Max.....nice to hear from you!

> In case some of you missed the proteus VX -
> It's still here!
> http://www.emu.com/promo/proteusvx/welcome.asp

Good job! I should have thought of including the link in the first place ;)

Poly

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Allaire