From: JHL on
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to expand the number of channels in the
Console view ? With several synths open and several midi channels running
and 10 or so audio channels active, there seems to be no way to see it all
in one view.
OR
Can Sonar be linked to another computer running the same version and run
them together ? Compensating for the timing of course. Vidio displays are
not my problem.
Visibility is.

Thanks
JHL

From: polymod on

"JHL" <jlemon1(a)ptd.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to expand the number of channels in
the
> Console view ? With several synths open and several midi channels running
> and 10 or so audio channels active, there seems to be no way to see it all
> in one view.
> OR
> Can Sonar be linked to another computer running the same version and run
> them together ? Compensating for the timing of course. Vidio displays are
> not my problem.
> Visibility is.

Sounds like you need a second monitor and dedicate it to the console view.
Provided your computer has the ability to do so.
I'm sure the resident puter gurus will chime in!

Poly

From: JHL on
Thank you all for your comments.

The question was meant to be "can Sonar display 40 or 50 channels on ONE
screen?" These channels would probably have to be stacked in two rows or
displayed in an "X view" type of window. Having a larger monitor will not
change Sonar's display settings. I am currently using a 42 inch LCD. Large
displays have a "native" resolution that cannot be exceeded. Is it resonable
to assume you need to double my current viewing area with another monitor
when it could be done in programming. Years ago, there were programing
techniques such as using "x"
windows that would allow sizing and expansion of any and all Windows
programs. Surely, this approach would be more resonable and take up less
real estate.

From: BobF on

Ahhhh, 'X', the Good Ole Days! I loved OLIT and Motif ...

What you're asking for (I think) is for total free-form resizing of
window contents. Not gonna' happen! It didn't happen with 'X' either.

Everything is bitmap'd these days and the OS doesn't resize the bitmaps
on the fly when resizing windows. It may seem like a reasonable idea,
but the CPU/GPU requirements would be HUGE!

Your only real option is to have more pixels x and y in your display.
Or use multiple displays ... or logically group tracks and scroll ...

Think about it. If Sonar were networked with another computer, the end
result would be multiple displays!

--
Opportunity is missed by most people
because it is dressed in overalls

Thomas Edison
From: JHL on
Thanks, Bob

Really enjoyed your comments. I think I agree with you.
You are quite correct in what I am getting at. Still, while I am faced with
reality, I will persue this idea. Needless to say, if I ever come up with
anything I will post my findings to the group.
Oh, yeh...I posed this question to Cakewalk tech. Twice.
OK ! Never do that again !
JHL

"JHL" <jlemon1(a)ptd.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to expand the number of channels in
> the Console view ? With several synths open and several midi channels
> running and 10 or so audio channels active, there seems to be no way to
> see it all in one view.
> OR
> Can Sonar be linked to another computer running the same version and run
> them together ? Compensating for the timing of course. Vidio displays are
> not my problem.
> Visibility is.
>
> Thanks
> JHL