From: BobF on

Please do post back if/when you find a nifty solution. I'm sure a lot
of us would like to see an elegant solution to this.

Good Luck!

From: Bruce on

> Thanks, Bob
>
> Really enjoyed your comments. I think I agree with you.
> You are quite correct in what I am getting at. Still, while I am faced
> with reality, I will persue this idea. Needless to say, if I ever come
> up with anything I will post my findings to the group.
> Oh, yeh...I posed this question to Cakewalk tech. Twice.
> OK ! Never do that again !
> JHL
>
> "JHL" <jlemon1(a)ptd.net> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to expand the number of channels
>> in the Console view ? With several synths open and several midi
>> channels running and 10 or so audio channels active, there seems to
>> be no way to see it all in one view.
>> OR
>> Can Sonar be linked to another computer running the same version and
>> run them together ? Compensating for the timing of course. Vidio
>> displays are not my problem.
>> Visibility is.
>>
>> Thanks
>> JHL

Get a wide-screen monitor that you can rotate 90 degrees to vertical
orientation?

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "Rick Paul" <rickpaul(a)earthlink.net> grabbed the
> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > One thing you can do here that helps a fair amount is use the narrow
> > strips instead of the default width strips. On my 22" widescreen,
> > with 1680x1050 resolution and the Views toolbar docked on the right
> > side of my SONAR screen, if I have just one of the hardware mains
> > strips showing and one bus showing in wide view, I get 17 audio strips
> > showing in the Console View, with the 18th scrolled off the screen.
> > If I switch to narrow strips, I can get 28 strips on the screen, with
> > the 29th scrolled off.
>
> Are you saying that Sonar at v8.5 *still* can't do something like this?
>
> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/LottaTracks.jpg
>
> I stopped at Sonar 5 and the console view always bothered me. It seemed
> rigid and inflexible like a third party add on that wasn't fully
> integrated. The first thing I noticed when I tried Reaper was that with
> the mixer docked, I could resize the whole app, and the console resized
> with it, exactly like I would expect something like that to work.

hehe..sounds like a program made for musicians!

Poly

From: kitekrazy on
On 7/30/2010 8:29 AM, polymod wrote:
> "Glennbo"<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>> The killer robot "Rick Paul"<rickpaul(a)earthlink.net> grabbed the
>> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>>
>>> One thing you can do here that helps a fair amount is use the narrow
>>> strips instead of the default width strips. On my 22" widescreen,
>>> with 1680x1050 resolution and the Views toolbar docked on the right
>>> side of my SONAR screen, if I have just one of the hardware mains
>>> strips showing and one bus showing in wide view, I get 17 audio strips
>>> showing in the Console View, with the 18th scrolled off the screen.
>>> If I switch to narrow strips, I can get 28 strips on the screen, with
>>> the 29th scrolled off.
>>
>> Are you saying that Sonar at v8.5 *still* can't do something like this?
>>
>> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/LottaTracks.jpg
>>
>> I stopped at Sonar 5 and the console view always bothered me. It seemed
>> rigid and inflexible like a third party add on that wasn't fully
>> integrated. The first thing I noticed when I tried Reaper was that with
>> the mixer docked, I could resize the whole app, and the console resized
>> with it, exactly like I would expect something like that to work.
>
> hehe..sounds like a program made for musicians!
>

> Poly

Looks like a feeble attempt to resemble Propellerhead's Record console.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: September Dreaming
Next: FAO: Ricky Hunt