From: Rick on
Server 2008 R2 64 bit.

I want to open Outlook automatically when RDP clients connect. I have
checked "Allow any program to run on clients startup" (?) in
remoteprograms.msc on the server and check the "Start the following program
on connection:" and listed Outlook in the Program path.

Outlook does start, however the Start menu is not available and closing
Outlook closes the RDP session.

How can I get Outlook to start on connection and still allow the client to
open other programs?

Rick

From: Phillip Windell on
Undo everything you did and put it back to normal

Add a Shortcut to Outlook in the "Startup" folder of the Start Menu in that
particular user's profile.

You'll eventually regret this. The first time you start having Outlook
startup problems and have no way to keep Outlook from starting up before you
have a chance to fix it. As a rule nothing should ever start up
automatically that is not supposed to already work that way. There is
really no reason for a user to be so lazy that they won't start Outlook
themselves manually after they log in.

--
Phillip Windell

"Rick" <Rick(a)LakeValleySeed.com> wrote in message
> Server 2008 R2 64 bit.
>
> I want to open Outlook automatically when RDP clients connect. I have
> checked "Allow any program to run on clients startup" (?) in
> remoteprograms.msc on the server and check the "Start the following
> program on connection:" and listed Outlook in the Program path.
>
> Outlook does start, however the Start menu is not available and closing
> Outlook closes the RDP session.
>
> How can I get Outlook to start on connection and still allow the client to
> open other programs?
>
> Rick

Pages: 1
Prev: Server 2008 fax setup