From: David on
I cannot start icwnotify.exe either from the Start Menu or by running it out
from the command prompt.

No useful errors in the logs...
--
David @ Solsletta
From: Steve on
On my SBS 2003 boxes Server Management is launchconsole.exe so I'm not sure
what you're actually trying to start.

From: David on
Very good point. The shortcut on the Start Menu is pointed at icwnotify.exe
and launchconsole.exe is missing. Looks worse than I imagined. Add to that
the netfx.msi is missing so I can't put updates on the the .NET framework at
present.

This machine has been subject to a Directory Services Restore and really
seems to be suffering.

I think I need some help here...
--
David @ Solsletta

From: Jim Behning on
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:23:02 -0700, David
<David(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Very good point. The shortcut on the Start Menu is pointed at icwnotify.exe
>and launchconsole.exe is missing. Looks worse than I imagined. Add to that
>the netfx.msi is missing so I can't put updates on the the .NET framework at
>present.
>
>This machine has been subject to a Directory Services Restore and really
>seems to be suffering.
>
>I think I need some help here...

You can go to Control Panel/Add Remove and repair or install stuff
that seems to be goofed up or missing. I did this yesterday on a
server where the tech apparently had a bad cd and did not go out to
find another cd someplace.