From: Huseyin Sarioglu Huseyin on
Hi,
Our customer gets this error. There are two servers. One of them is database
server and other is front end. Both of them are 16 GB memory, Win2003 x64.
There are approximately 60 workflows on a sub site. Thats all, one site and
workflows on it. There is 16 GB memory and we get this error. Anyway, is
there any fix or patch you know?

From: John Timney (MVP) on
I'm not aware of any patch for it. Its usually a case of evluating the
workflow thats caused the issue and working ut why its consuming the memory
it is - if of course thats the cause.

If you can, re-deploy the workflows and test to see whihc one if causing the
problem, although with 60 thats going to be a tricky activity.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Huseyin Sarioglu" <Huseyin Sarioglu(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:006A4805-0DBA-4A46-86F3-7B51CE34A15B(a)microsoft.com...

From: Huseyin Sarioglu on
Thanks for answer.
This error is not continuous. Once or twice in a month. And it is fixed by
iisreset.
Yesterday I noticed that virtual memory settings of front-end server has
been changed. It is limited to 2048 MB. I've changed a few settings in
Performance Options. Current settings :
- Visual Effects : Adjust for best performance
- Advanced -> Virtual Memory - System managed size

I wish this is the main reason of problem.

From: Stefan Weyer (maxxcomm) on
Hi Huseyin,

As far as I see the is a dual core on the server. If the problem occurs,
what about the CPU? Are they on 100% and are they both on the same
level?

Did your customer do any customizations and/or programming or does he
use 3rd-Party Webparts? If so, did the developers specially dispose
objects like SPSite and SPWeb?

Also do have a look here:
http://blogs.technet.com/stefan_gossner/archive/2007/11/26/dealing-with-memory-pressure-problems-in-moss-wss.aspx

HTH,

Cheers Stefan

"Huseyin Sarioglu" <HuseyinSarioglu(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E8BBDCC0-2CA7-4C42-B39C-D839460FBF5B(a)microsoft.com: