From: Eddie on
Hello all, I am having issues with connecting to a couple of web based
applications using their web interface.

I'm running IIS 6.0 on a Win2k3 sp2 server.

I can connect to these apps using IE on the local machine but can't from a
workstation on my network like I was able in the past.

I'm pretty new to IIS and could use some (a lot of) help. I download the
Authentication & Access Control Diagnostics toll but don't know what to do
with these results:

StatusResultDetails
Server's response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Learn about IIS status codesPath:W3SVC/1/ROOT
AuthType:Anonymous
Server's response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Learn about IIS status codesPath:W3SVC/1/ROOT/aspnet_client
AuthType:Anonymous
Server's response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Learn about IIS status codesPath:W3SVC/1/ROOT/CTWebScripts
AuthType:Anonymous
Server's response: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Learn about IIS status codesPath:W3SVC/1/ROOT/ExpressWeb Framework
AuthType:Anonymous
Server's response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Learn about IIS status codesPath:W3SVC/1/ROOT/MailArchiver
AuthType:Anonymous
Test Authentication
Path:W3SVC/1/ROOT/MailArchiver
AuthType:NTLM
Server's response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Learn about IIS status codesPath:W3SVC/1/ROOT/scripts
AuthType:Anonymous
Server's response: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Learn about IIS status codesPath:W3SVC/1/ROOT/WU
AuthType:Anonymous
Diagnostics complete

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Eddie
From: Pablo A. Allois on
If you are using anonymous security, check:
- Anonymous user in the website is correct (website properties,
security)
- The anonymous user have ntfs permission to access the files of the
website

If you are using integrated security, check:
- You have checked integrated security in website properties, security
- The user have have ntfs permission to access the files of the website

Saludos!