From: Marvin Landman on
Hi,

Because managed modules have some performance penalty I only would like
to enable managed modules for classic ASP (*.asp) and definitely don't
want to enable them for static files.

I would preferably use wildcards or regular expressions in a location
element but if that's not possible, I'm fine with any other solution.

Regards,
Marvin
From: "Steven Cheng" on
Hi Marvin,

Regarding on the questions you mentioend, here are some suggestions in line:

->" I only would like to enable managed modules for classic ASP (*.asp)"
===========================
In IIS7, we can use "Http Mappings" feature to map *.asp request to be
handled by ASP.NET isapi module
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactor (managed)
Or
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll

->" definitely don't want to enable them for static files"
==================================
Static files will not be processed by asp.net modules, no need to worry
about it.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.

--------------------

From: Marvin Landman on
Thank you for your response.

I'm not sure you understand my problem correctly. I still want to handle
..asp files using asp.dll, I just want to enable some managed *modules*
in integrated mode only for *.asp.

From: "WenJun Zhang[msft]" on
Hi Marvin,

There may not be a wildcard approach to apply the settings on all *.asp.
However we can set specific configuration on individual file level.
Right-click a file in IIS7 manager->content view and then you can open its
feature view. For module configuration, you have to unlock them in the
global applicationHost.config file first.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

WenJun Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you.

From: Marvin Landman on
UNfortunately configuring each and every .asp file separately is a no go
for me. But thank you very much for confirming that there is no better
way of doing this.

Marvin