From: Brian on
Hi, I have written a service, but now I'd like to write an interface to that
service... what are some keywords to look for or where can i find some
documentation on this?

From: Phill W. on
Brian wrote:

> Hi, I have written a service, but now I'd like to write an interface to that
> service...

What sort of "interface"?

(1) An API that another program can call?

Look into Remoting.

(2) A GUI that you can use to configure the Service?

Write a separate WinForms application and store the configuration data
in a common location. Services are gradually losing their ability to
have any kind of visual presence so displaying a Form from the service
process is probably a Bad Idea.

HTH,
Phill W.
From: Brian on
that was it, writing an interface(winform) to control or set the settings
for the service...