From: Latitude C600 on
Hi,

I have a Latitude C600 and have just had a new motherboard, The bios
is A23 and the Service Tag is reset to FIELDxx :(

Can i set it to the Service tag on my case?

I have the asset program and tried asset /s xxxxxxx (my Service Tag)
however it says,

a:\ asset /s xxxxxxx
ASSET -- Version 2.01 (C) Copyright 1993 - 2000 Dell Computer Corp
About to change the Service Tag. Are you sure? [y,n]
(I enter y)
BEEP
Error: Cannot change the Service Tag.
Please ensure the tag is in a correct format, and the SETUP password
is disabled.

I did check the code and the password, all ok, so guys, any ideas?

I also tried to delete the Service Tag first (asset /s /d) dit the
same stuff as trying to set it and the exact same error....

Have i missed something?

email - drew.Johnstone(a)btSPAMconnect.com - remove SPAM

All help greatly appriciated :)

Cheers

Drew

From: Notan on
Latitude C600 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Latitude C600 and have just had a new motherboard, The bios
> is A23 and the Service Tag is reset to FIELDxx :(
>
> Can i set it to the Service tag on my case?
>
> I have the asset program and tried asset /s xxxxxxx (my Service Tag)
> however it says,
>
> a:\ asset /s xxxxxxx
> ASSET -- Version 2.01 (C) Copyright 1993 - 2000 Dell Computer Corp
> About to change the Service Tag. Are you sure? [y,n]
> (I enter y)
> BEEP
> Error: Cannot change the Service Tag.
> Please ensure the tag is in a correct format, and the SETUP password
> is disabled.
>
> I did check the code and the password, all ok, so guys, any ideas?
>
> I also tried to delete the Service Tag first (asset /s /d) dit the
> same stuff as trying to set it and the exact same error....
>
> Have i missed something?
>
> email - drew.Johnstone(a)btSPAMconnect.com - remove SPAM
>
> All help greatly appriciated :)

1) Is it a Dell motherboard?

2) If so, are you sure *all* passwords have been disabled?

Notan
From: Latitude C600 on
hi,

Checked the motherboard, yes this is a dell motherboard and in the
bios the 2 passwords are off...

dont think ive missed anything but anyone go any ideas?

Cheers

Drew

From: Notan on
Latitude C600 wrote:

> hi,
>
> Checked the motherboard, yes this is a dell motherboard and in the
> bios the 2 passwords are off...
>
> dont think ive missed anything but anyone go any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is that your copy of asset.com
isn't any good... I'll send you the copy that I used.

Notan
From: Latitude C600 on
NOTAN - got your email but it is blank....

sorry

Drew

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2