From: Frank M on
Hello,

In VO i write :

SetAnsi(True)
SetCollation(#Clipper)
and have no Problem with the 'German Umlaute'

when i use the "AXDBFCDX" RDD i found no combination to see the
'German Umlaute'

the adslocal.cfg:
ANSI_CHAR_SET=German
OEM_CHAR_SET=GERMAN

What is the right way to see the 'Umlaute' ?

Regards, Frank

From: Joachim Duerr (ADS) on
Frank M wrote:

>In VO i write :
>
>SetAnsi(True)
>SetCollation(#Clipper)
>and have no Problem with the 'German Umlaute'
>
>when i use the "AXDBFCDX" RDD i found no combination to see the
>'German Umlaute'
>
>the adslocal.cfg:
>ANSI_CHAR_SET=German
>OEM_CHAR_SET=GERMAN
>
>What is the right way to see the 'Umlaute' ?

with ADS always setansi(.F.) ... otherwise you'll get a double
conversion (inside ACE and inside VO).

--
Joachim Duerr
Advantage Presales
From: Frank M on
OK,
but equal if i use Setansi(false) or Setansi(true) or Collation
Clipper/Windows,
i get never correct umlaute.

I can open with ACE the DBF without Problems.
Where i have to store the files for the local Server? Now i have all
in my Applikation Folder, but nothing work.

Frank M

From: Nick Friend on
Frank,

We had the same problem to begin with with accented characters... this
works for us.

SetAnsi(FALSE)
SetCollation(#Windows)

You might want to check that your DBFs are in ANSI format as well.

HTH

Nick

From: Frank M on
Nick,
Joachim,

I think i have an other Problem.

I try on a free clean XP all from the App and adslocal in one Folder
works.

When i try on W7/64 the same installation, the dbf not open. (Error in
INIT) No ads_err file is created.

Is there a trick with W7/64?

Frank