From: Peter Mairhofer on
Hi,

I want to archive my old Outlook data with outport [1].

As the data is accessed with OLE, only the personal folder can be opened.

How can I set the archive in Outlook (archive.pst) to be the personal
folder *temporarily*?

Regards,
Peter

[1] http://outport.sourceforge.net
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Peter Mairhofer" <63832452(a)gmx.net> wrote in message

> I want to archive my old Outlook data with outport [1].
>
> As the data is accessed with OLE, only the personal folder can be opened.
>
> How can I set the archive in Outlook (archive.pst) to be the personal folder
> *temporarily*?

By changing the delivery location to be the PST you want and changing it back
when you're finished. Exactly how is version-specific.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Peter Mairhofer on
Am 01.04.2010 16:33, schrieb Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]:
> "Peter Mairhofer" <63832452(a)gmx.net> wrote in message
>
>> I want to archive my old Outlook data with outport [1].
>>
>> As the data is accessed with OLE, only the personal folder can be opened.
>>
>> How can I set the archive in Outlook (archive.pst) to be the personal
>> folder *temporarily*?
>
> By changing the delivery location to be the PST you want and changing it
> back when you're finished. Exactly how is version-specific.

Oh thank you. I tried this but found nowhere an option how to do this.

Can you give me a hint for Outlook 2003?

Thank you,
Peter

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Oh thank you. I tried this but found nowhere an option how to do this.
>
> Can you give me a hint for Outlook 2003?

Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next. In the "Deliver new e-mail to the following
location" drop-down, specify the PST you want to be the default. (The PST you
choose must be defined in the profile currently, of course.) Click Finish.
Stop and restart Outlook to complete the switch.

Alternatively, while Outlook is closed, open the Mail applet in Control Panel,
click "E-mail Accounts" and do the same thing. Close the applet and start
Outlook. In fact, you may not even have to start Outlook if Outport is a
stand-alone program.

Based on what http://outport.sourceforge.net/ says, though, you're likely to
run into problems, since it says Outport has problems with Outlook 2002.
Outlook 2003 started employing an entirely different format for the PST and
that may be a factor.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]