From: Alias on
Joel wrote:
> Alias <aka(a)masked&anonymous.com.invalido> wrote:
>
>>> It's been a long time since I used Office 2000, but there should be an
>>> export function in Outlook 2000 that creates one gigantic PST file
>>> that can then be imported into his new copy of Outlook. I'd at least
>>> try it that way first.
>> And you would have advised the OP to do a very stupid thing. PST files
>> must be *opened*, not imported. Outlook 2000 has the old type of .pst
>> file which has a limit of 2 gigs. The new .pst files have no limit and
>> are set by default to 20 gigs. The .pst file doesn't need to be
>> exported. It needs to be copied to external media and then pasted into
>> the new computer where, after installing Outlook 07, one should go to
>> File/Open/Personal data file and navigate to where the .pst was pasted
>> and open it. Then one can move all the emails to the new .pst file and
>> then close the old one.
>

> Importing does not keep using the exported PST file copied from the
> old computer - it just imports the data into the new installation. It
> will be saved by Outlook 2007 natively. Your method is really more
> complex. As long as the export is done with all folders selected for
> exporting, it's a cleaner method for transferring - it does take time
> to build the exported PST on the old computer, but one can just let it
> work in the background until it's done.

I wonder what the good folks in microsoft.public.outlook think of this
exporting/importing method.

--
Alias
From: Alias on
Joel wrote:
> Alias <aka(a)masked&anonymous.com.invalido> wrote:
>
>> I wonder what the good folks in microsoft.public.outlook think of this
>> exporting/importing method.
>

> I wonder why you care, Ubuntu toy-Linux-distro luser. I only answered
> the OP to be helpful, since I loathe MS Office, even though I run
> Windows, but happen to have done this for another person's computer.
> It's funny how you'll stoop to spamming the Outlook NG just to troll
> a.win7.gen.

You wanted proof and Peter gave it to you. If you can wait, I am sure
that more Outlook experts will correct you as well. You hurling insults
towards me and Ubuntu does nothing for your credibility except to reveal
how desperate you are to be right.

--
Alias
From: Alias on
Joel wrote:
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Alias
>>
>> You were correct with your answer to the OP in the alt.group. Importing and
>> Exporting will corrupt the files
>

> I guess that's why I've done it that way multiple times, for a family
> member who actually uses Outlook for God knows what reason, and has
> changed computers multiple times, and it didn't "corrupt" anything.
> And I guess you enjoy using a product that you claim "corrupts" files
> for absolutely no good reason. Two for two on Microsoft Office
> lameness.

Did you know that insulting people is not an acceptable way of
conducting yourself in a debate? In fact, you lose as soon as you start
your insults.

--
Alias
From: Alias on
Tom Willett wrote:
> "Alias" <aka(a)masked&anonymous.com.invalido> wrote in message
> :
> : Did you know that insulting people is not an acceptable way of
> : conducting yourself in a debate? In fact, you lose as soon as you start
> : your insults.
> :
> : --
> : Alias
>
> ROFL...that from the king of insulters and master troll.

I only insult those who deserve it and my insults describe exactly what
they are or are doing. I never use insults to cover up a mistake I may
have made or to win an argument.

--
Alias
From: Alias on
Joel wrote:
> Alias <aka(a)masked&anonymous.com.invalido> wrote:
>
>> You wanted proof and Peter gave it to you.
>

> Am I supposed to know *what* proof he claims he has just because, like
> you, he spouted some ridiculous tripe? I have successfully used my
> suggested method, multiple times. Maybe Peter made some mistake. And
> why did another poster contradict him, other than myself? Doesn't
> that "prove" anything, or is it only "proof" if someone makes an
> assertion that supports *you*, dips---?
>

>> If you can wait, I am sure
>> that more Outlook experts
>

> Is that anything like "military intelligence"?
>

>> will correct you as well.
>

> And I will laugh at their Wintendo luserdom.
>

>> You hurling insults
>> towards me and Ubuntu does nothing for your credibility except to reveal
>> how desperate you are to be right.
>

> I am right - you are a joke of a Linux user, and Outlook along with
> all of MSO is a complete piece of trash, and my suggested method does
> work. I stand by it all.

Ask your friend what dates ALL of his emails are set to now. Then ask he
or she if he or she is happy with that.

--
Alias