From: Peter Foldes on
Alias

You were correct with your answer to the OP in the alt.group. Importing and
Exporting will corrupt the files

--
Peter

From: Joel on
"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Alias
>
>You were correct with your answer to the OP in the alt.group. Importing and
>Exporting will corrupt the files

I guess that's why I've done it that way multiple times, for a family
member who actually uses Outlook for God knows what reason, and has
changed computers multiple times, and it didn't "corrupt" anything.
And I guess you enjoy using a product that you claim "corrupts" files
for absolutely no good reason. Two for two on Microsoft Office
lameness.

--
Joel Crump
From: Joel on
Alias <aka(a)masked&anonymous.com.invalido> wrote:

>I wonder what the good folks in microsoft.public.outlook think of this
>exporting/importing method.

I wonder why you care, Ubuntu toy-Linux-distro luser. I only answered
the OP to be helpful, since I loathe MS Office, even though I run
Windows, but happen to have done this for another person's computer.
It's funny how you'll stoop to spamming the Outlook NG just to troll
a.win7.gen.

--
Joel Crump
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Joel" <joelcrump(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> I guess that's why I've done it that way multiple times, for a family
> member who actually uses Outlook for God knows what reason, and has
> changed computers multiple times, and it didn't "corrupt" anything.
> And I guess you enjoy using a product that you claim "corrupts" files
> for absolutely no good reason. Two for two on Microsoft Office
> lameness.

I think "corrupt" is too strong. It's undeniable, however, that importing and
exporting _change_ the data. It's undeniable also that importing and
exporting leaves out some of the data, like links between contacts and
calendar events, Distribution Lists, and other metadata. Importing and
Exporting is for moving data between Outlook and other non-Outlook programs,
not for moving data between Outlook instances.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Tom Willett on
Perhaps sometimes with some people, but not all the time, nor most of the
time. Our company did it numerous times with numerous flavors of Outlook
many many times over the years. Not one iota of corruption. But, we have
discontinued using Outlook anyway.

"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
: Alias
:
: You were correct with your answer to the OP in the alt.group. Importing
and
: Exporting will corrupt the files
:
: --
: Peter
:
: Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
: Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
:
: > Joel wrote:
: >> Alias <aka(a)masked&anonymous.com.invalido> wrote:
: >>
[...]
: >
: > I wonder what the good folks in microsoft.public.outlook think of this
: > exporting/importing method.
: >
: > --
: > Alias