From: Leythos on
In article <OWuK#tc0KHA.3380(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, outlookmvp(a)msn.com
says...
> > Just yesterday I exported Outlook 97 data, the entire tree, and imported
> > it into Office 2007 and it worked perfectly.
>
> This is the perfect scenario for Importing.

Yep, been that way for years, since outlook first became a main-stream
office email application.

What I though funny was that a customer was still using office 97 on a
computer, actively.... They are in for a rude surprise when they see
Office 2007's completely different menu's and massive waste of space in
the menu's.

Trust yourself.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Not sure I'd describe it as "funny"... but yes, they will be in for a shock.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Leythos on
In article <#Q9QV5c0KHA.3412(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, outlookmvp(a)msn.com
says...
> Not sure I'd describe it as "funny"... but yes, they will be in for a shock.

Yea, I was being slightly sarcastic.

Do you know that your sig violates Usenet standards of 4-5 lines?

Trust yourself.
From: Char Jackson on
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:18:22 -0400, Joel <joelcrump(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Alias
>>
>>You were correct with your answer to the OP in the alt.group. Importing and
>>Exporting will corrupt the files
>

>I guess that's why I've done it that way multiple times, for a family
>member who actually uses Outlook for God knows what reason, and has
>changed computers multiple times, and it didn't "corrupt" anything.
>And I guess you enjoy using a product that you claim "corrupts" files
>for absolutely no good reason. Two for two on Microsoft Office
>lameness.

FWIW, I've used the method described by Alias about 2-3 dozen times
over the past 10 years and recommend it. It makes no sense to me to
Export and Import when easier methods exist.

From: Peter Foldes on
>How well will the *Win7* [Files and Settings Transfer Wizard] work
>from a WinXP with Outlook 2000 to Win7 with Outlook 2007?

OL 2000 to OL2007 pst

Just curious Diane. Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007 when files are saved importing the
OL 2000 saved files to OL 2007 will not corrupt and will work ?

--
Peter