From: "Bob McConnell" on
From: Shreyas

> What would be the exact installer which will let me have the MySQL
Server
> and the Query browser? I know this is the wrong forum but I am just
giving
> it a shot. When I do Start -> All Programs -> MYSQL, I used to get
only
> above options. I have lost the installer and the actual MySQL website
has
> quite a lot of things.

I don't know anything about the MySQL toy, but from scanning this thread
you already have a server installed if your java app is talking to it on
port 3306. You are now trying to install a second server on the same
computer, which can only be done if you change the port number.

How did you install the first server? Was it part of the java install or
did one of the other packages you installed put it there? Do you still
have the documents for that package with the default users and
passwords?

Bob McConnell
From: Shreyas on
Bob,

That was a separate installer. It was nothing to do with another software.

--Shreyas

--
Regards,
Shreyas