From: Mark L. Ferguson on
Drivers will corrupt if they are not perfectly written for the operating
system. I would imagine that is an older driver, and the maker should update
it for the latest service packs you have now.

--
Please use the Communities guidelines when posting.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm

From: RonChi on
Thanks again. I'll be more diligent on keeping my device drivers up to date.

Ron

From: RonChi on
Well Mark, I'm sorry to say that the solution didn't work after all. A few
minutes ago the error message came up again, and a few seconds after that the
computer rebooted on its own. I wasn't doing anything unusual online. I had
two windows open; my yahoo! e-mail and a yahoo! discussion group.

If any other ideas come to mind, I'd appreciate getting them.

Thanks.

Ron

From: Mark L. Ferguson on
I would try repairing all the system files with SFC:
Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
responding:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833